When the 9.1 Hearthstone update is deployed, a number of cards that are part of the Witchwood expansion pack will be seeing some significant changes. Most involve hefty changes to mana cost, most notably the Naga Sea Witch that will see an increase from 5 mana to 8.
We think Hearthstone is better all around when interactions are consistent, and we like the fact that a Naga Sea Witch giants deck archetype exists. That said, we also understand that, with its current functionality, this deck can generate early board states that are unreasonable for most classes to deal with. By increasing the cost of Naga Sea Witch to 8 mana, the deck’s concept remains intact, but the combo is delayed until later in a match when more decks are likely to have the tools to handle the arrival of so many giants.
Other cards that will see big changes include:
- Spiteful Summoner - Mana increase from 6 to 7
- Dark Pact - Restores 4 Heath instead of 8
- Possessed Lackey - Mana increase from 5 to 6
- Call to Arms - Mana increase from 4 to 5
- The Caverns Below Quest Reward Crystal Core - Minions are 4/4 instead of 5/5
Read up on the full list of changes on the Hearthstone site.