Today marked the Activision-Blizzard earnings call for the third quarter of the year. While ATVI outpaced expectations and generated more income than predicted, investors seem wary about the cautious expectation for Q4 2018. The stock lost 8% in after hours trading as a result.
ATVI scored investors 52 cents per share and generated $1.66B in revenue. For Q4 2018, the company is expecting earnings of 43 cents per share and $2.2B in revenue.
Key take-aways from the call:
- ATVI featured 345M "Monthly Active Users" (MAU)
- Battle for Azeroth increased engagement, though without a metric to compare, in World of Warcraft
- players spent nearly an hour per day in ATVI games
- stream viewership is up with 7 of the top 20 Twitch streams being ATVI-related in October
- 40,000 fans went to BlizzCon
- Blizzard admitted that the reaction to Diablo Immortal was "muted" but that it is convinced everyone will receive it well when it is released
- Blizzard said it would announce other Diablo projects "when the time is right"
- Destiny and CoD: BO4 grew quarter-over-quarter, year-over-year MAUs
You can look over the full reports on the Activision-Blizzard Investor Relations site.